Being pregnant is probably one of the most beautiful moments in a woman’s life. It is a delicate responsibility to take care of a life inside a woman’s womb, so one of the priorities any woman should have is to take care of her health.
For example, an article titled ; “Quitting Smoking Before Pregnancy Could Save Babies’ Lives”, says that quitting smoking before even conceiving can bring so many good effects in relative to smoking while pregnant.
Responsible parents are loving parents, and studies do prove that avoiding habits like smoking and drinking can give a higher chance of a healthy baby.
To quote the study: “Looking at the data, researchers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that smoking during pregnancy resulted in 5 percent to 8 percent of all premature births and 13 percent to 19 percent of full-term babies with a low birth weight.”
“Researchers also found that 5 percent to 7 percent of deaths among the premature infants — and 23 percent to 34 percent of deaths caused by SIDS — could have been prevented if the mother had not smoked.”
Here are some tips for soon-to-be mommies:
- have a regular check-up with your doctor, and follow his/her orders religiously.
- if you do not have the habit of eating healthy, now is the time to choose healthy options for the baby to have optimum nutritional absorption.
- eliminate all bad habits you might have like smoking mentioned in the reference article above
- light exercise like walking can help a less-painful delivery compared to inactive mommies.
- have a happy pregnancy; a stressful mommy-to-be is not a good sign for the baby.
Better take extra precautions in taking care of your soon to be baby. Husbands should be there to help his wife all the way for the baby to see a happy family when time comes.