Medical assistant schools in Alabama help to prepare graduates for productive careers in medical assisting. Alabama medical assistants may work in physician offices, medical and surgical hospitals, outpatient centers, colleges and professional schools, or in the office of other health practitioners such as dentists, chiropractors, and other specialists. Medical assistant schools in Alabama provide the skills students need to excel in this career.
Explore the medical assistant schools below to find the right one for you.
Alabama Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Medical Assisting in Alabama
Alabama medical assistants perform clinical and administrative duties under the direction of a physician. Alabama medical assistant schools offer the training needed to carry out these job duties, which include clinical responsibilities such as monitoring vital signs, taking medical histories, preparing a patient to be examined, taking blood samples, and giving patients medications under the doctor’s directions. Administrative duties include scheduling, maintaining patient files, billing and coding for insurance.
Annual salaries for Alabama medical assistants range from a low of $17,790 to a high of $33,810 according to government reports. There is a 31% projected growth of medical assistant jobs over the next ten years which is much faster growth than most professions.
About Medical Assistant Schools in Alabama
Advanced educational training at Alabama medical assistant schools is mandatory for success. The role of the medical assistant is increasingly becoming a vital position in the medical field. They have become almost indispensable in the clinical and administrative needs of medical offices, clinics, and hospitals. Medical assistants can also specialize in administration, medical transcription, ultrasound, x-ray, phlebotomy, pharmacy, and billing and coding. Entry-level positions are available with a certificate or diploma. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree opens more doors and command higher salaries.
Financial Aid for Medical Assistant Schools in Alabama
Alabama has several sources of financial aid available to prospective medical assistants. Two of these sources that are open to Alabama residents are the Alabama Student Assistance and the Alabama Two-Year College Academic Scholarship. There are other grants and scholarships available that have special requirements.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Also be sure to see: