Attending a medical assistant school in Arkansas is a smart career move for those planning to become medical assistants. Arkansas medical assistant schools provide the basic background knowledge students need to become effective medical assistants, become certified, and earn good medical assistant salaries.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Arkansas
According to the American Association of Medical Assistants, “Medical assistants are the only allied health professionals specifically trained to work in ambulatory settings, such as physicians’ offices, clinics and group practices.” In the past, medical assistants were trained on the job. However, more recently, employers prefer educational training before hiring a medical assistant.
To become certified as a Medical Assistant, students must complete an accredited Medical Assistant training program. These programs normally last about 18 months to 2 years long. Most community colleges and vocational colleges offer a Medical Assistant program and most also accept the federal pell grant and other grants and state funding as part of the student’s financial aid package.
As a medical assistant, one can expect to perform various duties for their employer. These duties include asking preliminary questions before the patient interacts with the physician; recording vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate, height, and weight; informing the patient about medications, instructions, and/or special diets. Medical assistants might also collect blood, stool, and urine samples for analysis.
The average salary for a medical assistant is around $25,980 in Arkansas. The national average salary for a medical assistant is around $30,000 per year.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Below you will find a list of schools in Arkansas enrolling now.
Arkansas Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Also be sure to see: