Medical assistant schools in Maine help students prepare for work as a medical assistant by providing the medical and administrative skills needed to excel in the field. Some Maine medical assistants are expected to perform X-rays or blood tests. Other medical assistants are mostly expected to take vital signs and put patients at ease. Almost every medical assistant program in Maine will include Medical Terminology, basic keyboarding, human biology, and clinical procedures. The list of Maine medical assistant schools below will provide the courses you need to join this high-demand career.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Maine
Prospective medial assistants in Maine can be excited about the field they’re interested in. Medical assistants perform some of the most important tasks in any hospital or doctor’s office. They’re responsible for taking vital signs, speaking directly with patients about problems the patient is experiencing, performing routine laboratory tests, scheduling appointments, and many other essential functions that every doctor’s office needs every day. There is never a boring moment for a medical assistant. You’re needed all day long.
Maine medical assistant salaries vary by location. Some cities offer more lucrative salaries. The median salary for a medical assistant in Maine is $30,400. As more experience is acquired, sometimes the salary will increase. Salary also depends on the employer. More successful practices may be able to afford to pay their medical assistants more money than less successful practices.
Education for Maine Medical Assistants
Aspiring Maine medical assistants will need education that focuses on communication, computer skills, lab techniques, first aid, and other medical-related subjects that enable a future medical assistant to perform the duties required of them.
Financial Aid Information
Financial aid resources for schools in Maine include the school itself. It is recommended that students speak directly to financial aid personnel at prospective colleges. This allows each student to fully understand the kind of financial aid options that they have with each school. Every school will suggest filling out a FAFSA. This government form is used to determine how much financial aid a student is eligible to receive.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Maine Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
Also be sure to see: