Medical assistant schools in Maine help students prepare for work as a medical assistant by providing the medical and administrative skills needed to excel in the field. Some Maine medical assistants are expected to perform X-rays or blood tests. Other medical assistants are mostly expected to take vital signs and put patients at ease. Almost every medical assistant program in Maine will include Medical Terminology, basic keyboarding, human biology, and clinical procedures. The list of Maine medical assistant schools below will provide the courses you need to join this high-demand career.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Maine
Prospective medial assistants in Maine can be excited about the field they’re interested in. Medical assistants perform some of the most important tasks in any hospital or doctor’s office. They’re responsible for taking vital signs, speaking directly with patients about problems the patient is experiencing, performing routine laboratory tests, scheduling appointments, and many other essential functions that every doctor’s office needs every day. There is never a boring moment for a medical assistant. You’re needed all day long.
Maine medical assistant salaries vary by location. Some cities offer more lucrative salaries. The median salary for a medical assistant in Maine is $30,400. As more experience is acquired, sometimes the salary will increase. Salary also depends on the employer. More successful practices may be able to afford to pay their medical assistants more money than less successful practices.
Education for Maine Medical Assistants
Aspiring Maine medical assistants will need education that focuses on communication, computer skills, lab techniques, first aid, and other medical-related subjects that enable a future medical assistant to perform the duties required of them.
Financial Aid Information
Financial aid resources for schools in Maine include the school itself. It is recommended that students speak directly to financial aid personnel at prospective colleges. This allows each student to fully understand the kind of financial aid options that they have with each school. Every school will suggest filling out a FAFSA. This government form is used to determine how much financial aid a student is eligible to receive.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Maine Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Also be sure to see: