Medical assistant schools in Maryland will prepare students of the field for the real situations they’ll face when they’re in a work setting. Most programs provide a good background in computer skills, medical terminology, biology, clinical techniques, and other medical-related subjects that the student will face once they’re in the field. Administrative and medical duties will be thoroughly studied in any medical assistant program.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Maryland
A medical assistant is someone who keeps the doctor’s office in order. They’re always in the middle of things. Someone who enters the field needs to have good people skills with a desire to listen and learn from the people around them. Administrative skills are a must. Medical assistants often file insurance forms, document patient complaints, and keep track of patient histories.
Medical assistants are in high-demand right now and the trend shows no sign of slowing. The health care industry is more fast-paced than ever and it requires employees who can keep up with its trends.
A Maryland medical assistant can expect to make about $32,460 a year. That number fluctuates depending on what city a medical assistant seeks employment in or the success of the doctor’s office that they’re employed by. Some more successful doctors can afford to pay their medical assistants more than the median income.
Financial Aid Information
Maryland students who don’t have enough money to pay for all or part of their education can seek help with the financial aid department of the school they plan to attend. The financial aid department can provide all necessary forms to students who need financial help to achieve their career ambitions.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Maryland Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
- Medical Assistant
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
- VA - Woodbridge
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
Also be sure to see: