Medical assistant schools in Mississippi can teach you invaluable skills that relate to the field of medical assisting. As a Mississippi medical assistant you will perform duties such as checking and recording vital signs to the patient’s record (blood pressure, height, weight, pulse, etc.); informing patients about procedures, medications, diets, etc.; aiding the doctor during the examination process; and collecting blood samples or other specimens for analysis.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Mississippi
Medical Assistants work in doctors’ offices, hospital, clinics, and other medical facilities. While a high school diploma is required, most employers hire assistants who are certified. Becoming certified as a Medical Assistant is quick, easy and affordable. Most programs last around 18 months and many schools accept the federal pell grant, which means you may not pay anything to attend school.
The average salary for a medical assistant in Mississippi is in the low to mid $26,000. Starting salary is in the mid $18,000 and experienced, certified assistants can earn around $40,000 a year depending on the medical institution they work for. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
What to look for in a Medical Assistant Training Program
How long is the program? Most programs last around 18 months, so make sure you school offers something similar.
Does the school accept financial aid? is the school accredited? Most accredited schools will accept the federal pell grant. This should cover most of your expenses.
Does the school offer Career Placement/Guidance? Most reputable schools have a career placement office that will help you obtain your first job. Make sure to check out how other students are doing after graduation.
What are the enrollment options? Can you take some classes online to help with your schedule? Some schools do offer online classes. This may be a good option for you.
See the list of Mississippi medical assistant schools below to find a good program.
Mississippi Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Also be sure to see: