Training for medical assistants can be obtained by studying at a medical assistant school in Sacramento. Those who want greater job security and earning potential will find that attending an accredited certificate or degree program at a Sacramento medical assistant school is the best option. Graduating from an accredited degree or certificate program allows medical assistants to take a certification examination which confirms that they meet certain standards set forth by the board of examiners for the profession.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Sacramento
The health care field holds promise for those looking for steady employment and a living wage. Medical assisting is one of those areas where individuals can matriculate through a short-term training program of one to two years and obtain a job shortly after graduation. Medical assistants are usually the first people patients see when they visit a doctor’s office. Medical assistants greet patients, obtain histories and update insurance information. Some medical assistants are assigned duties that are more clinical such as taking blood pressure, checking blood sugar levels, obtaining laboratory specimens, and measuring height and weight. Others focus mainly on administrative tasks such as appointment setting, answering patient calls, maintaining medical records, medical billing and communicating with insurance companies.
Employment for Sacramento medical assistants is very stable with salaries in the $21,000 to $45,000 range depending on experience, location and whether the medical assistant is certified. Medical assistants are employed in physicians’ offices, health departments, hospitals and specialty clinics. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Explore the list of Sacramento medical assistant schools below to see what programs are available near you.
Sacramento Area Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career College of Northern Nevada
Invest in Your Life with CCNN
Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN is the place for you. We eliminate non-vocational training so you can stay focused on the core subjects that will matter to you in your career.
At CCNN, we prepare you for a real future. We know what employers want, and our hands-on training programs give you the confidence needed to show them that you’ve got it. You won’t leave CCNN with just the training theories. You’ll be fully qualified to land the job, keep the job and excel in the job.
- HVAC/R Service Technician – Train to install and maintain heating and cooling systems for residences and commercial businesses.
- Welding and Fabrication – Learn the primary functions of a successful welding and fabrication specialist
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
- Health Information Management – Prepare to perform medical insurance management duties, which include billing, submitting denied claims for appeal, explaining insurance procedures, coverage and benefits to patients, and more.
- Medical Assisting – Train to complete clinical and administrative tasks for physicians and other health practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Information Technology Specialist – Acquire the skills needed to maximize the potential of modern businesses, with an emphasis in virtualization, iPhone, iPad and tablet integration, and cloud computing technologies.
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Learn to work with emerging engineering technologies, including robotics, hydraulics, fiber optics, smart home technology, security/surveillance systems, and more .
We offer convenient morning,afternoon and evening classes, as well as graduate placement services.Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and we are approved for Veteran’s Training.
Admissions hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday by appointment only
By filling out this form, you understand that Career College of Northern Nevada will utilize this information to contact you to provide more information about Career College of Northern Nevada by a variety of methods including phone (both mobile or home, dialed manually or automatically), email, mail, and text message.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC):
2101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 | www.accsc.org
Also be sure to see: