At medical assistant schools in Virginia, your education will center around your future tasks as a medical assistant. To prepare you for the administrative duties of the job, you’ll learn computer skills, insurance codes, and other clerical subjects. To prepare you for medical duties, Virginia medical assistant schools offer classes like medical terminology, first aid, clinical procedures, and human biology. Depending on the type of degree you seek, these courses will take place over a one to two year period.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Virginia
62% of medical assistants work in the office of a physician. Physicians rely on medical assistants to maintain order, provide friendly care for patients, and perform routine procedures. Medical assistants work with patients on a daily basis. They need to be caring, conscientious people with good organizational skills. If this sounds like you, a career as a medical assistant might be the career of your dreams. In order to make this dream come true, you’ll need the right kind of financial aid and school.
Average Virginia Medical Assistant Salaries
A medical assistant in Virginia makes, on average, $30,430 a year. That’s slightly higher than many medical assistant salaries. Annual income can be even higher in Virginia in some cities. Virginia is an excellent state to work in for medical assistants. Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Financial Aid Information for the State of Virginia
Financial aid can be applied for from the school you choose to attend. Filling out a FAFSA form will tell you what kind of aid you are eligible for. After filling out the form, you receive the results in the mail within a month or two. It estimates how much you can get. After you’ve enrolled in your school of choice, you’ll get an official number. Financial aid is distributed by the school.
See what medical assistant schools in Virginia are enrolling today.
Virginia Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Also be sure to see: