Wisconsin medical assistant schools offer certificate, diploma and two-year associate degree programs. Some of the curriculum courses include lab procedures, anatomy and physiology, psychology and medical terminology. Eligible medical assistants (those who graduate from accredited programs) can take an examination for national certification.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Wisconsin
Medical assistants perform many duties in physician offices. They greet and interview patients,obtain medical histories,take blood pressures and other vital signs; and prepare patients to see the physician. Medical assistants also perform clerical tasks such as filing, verifying insurance coverage and documenting information in patient records. Medical assistants may be responsible for collecting lab specimens. In addition to physician’s offices, medical assistants work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and other health care sittings.
The pay for medical assistants is commensurate with the level of education required for the job. The pay is between $24,000 and $37,000 depending upon experience, geographical location and the work setting. With the health care field expected to grow as a result of an aging and longer living population, medical assistants can look forward to job security and the ability to change jobs within the field without much difficulty. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
To earn a degree or diploma in medical assisting, a student can choose a one or two year program at a community college or vocational school. Medical assistants can also gain a credential by completing a similar program in a high school vocational education program. Medical assisting is a means of trying the health field without going into an area that requires more clinical skills. However some medical assistants return to school to study nursing or other professional areas.
See what medical assistant schools in Wisconsin are available near you by browsing the list below.
Wisconsin Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Also be sure to see: