After graduating from a medical assistant school in Connecticut you will be ready to search for work in Doctors’ offices, Clinics and Hospitals as a professional medical assistant. Connecticut medical assistant schools provide the training you need to become employed and gain certification in this rewarding field.
About Medical Assistant Careers in Connecticut
Medical Assistants assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direct supervision of a doctor. Duties include interviewing patients, checking vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, weight, height, temperature, etc), and recording information the patients chart. Medical assistants may also collect blood samples and specimens from patients. A high school diploma is required and training as a medical assistant is required by most employers. Most medical assistant training programs also offer career placement, which helps the student obtain their first job. Medical Assistant training programs can prepare you to work in a doctor’s office performing duties such as:
- Recording a patients medical history
- Taking and recording vital signs
- Preparing patients for the physical examination
- Explaining treatments or procedures to patients
- Assisting the Doctor or Nurse during the examination
- Educating patients about medications, diets, or special instructions
- And much more
With starting salaries in the mid $20,000 range, experienced medical assistants can make right at $45,000 per year in Connecticut. Certification is required for the top paying jobs. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
See what Connecticut medical assistant schools are enrolling now.
Connecticut Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Also be sure to see: